While we love hosting meetings and conferences year-round in Kalispell, there’s something extra special about fall. From warm days to crisp nights and fewer vacationers to vibrant colors that paint our landscapes, autumn is one of the best times of year to hold your event. And with pleasant temperatures, we recommend incorporating a variety of adventures into your schedule.
Here are five outdoor (and indoor) adventures that will add the perfect amount of Montana to your upcoming meeting, conference or convention.
- Tour the Conrad Mansion Museum. The home of Kalispell’s founder – Charles E. Conrad – and his family, the Conrad Mansion Museum perfectly captures what life was like in Montana in the late 1800s. Make the most of your group’s time here by scheduling a docent-led tour through the mansion for an immersive look at the beautiful home and its garden. Want to add a little something special to your event? Schedule a cocktail reception on the mansion’s grounds.
- Explore Glacier National Park with a guide. From Kalispell, it’s easy to pop into Glacier National Park and soak up its glacial-carved beauty, especially if you plan your visit to include a red bus tour of the park (charter tours available) or a private experience with the Glacier Institute, the park’s educational partner.
- Scenic floats and fly-fishing. During fall, water tends to slow down in northwest Montana. But just because it’s flowing slower doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty to see and do in the Flathead Watershed. Book a scenic float along the Flathead River, plan a cruise on Flathead Lake or learn how to fly-fish on the Swan River. All three are prime for group activities, with each offering a different type of bonding and team-building experience.
- Evening entertainment. When the sun sets over the Salish Mountains, there’s still plenty to keep your group entertained in Kalispell. Catch a rodeo performance from the Brash Rodeo Series, groove to live music throughout Kalispell, sample made-right-here beer at local breweries or host an evening reception at Snowline Acres and watch as the alpenglow covers the Swan Mountains.
- Taste Montana. With our location in the Flathead Valley, Kalispell is surrounded by small farms, ranches, orchards and amazing purveyors who sell and serve farm-to-table items, entrees and more. A few places to add to your must-dine list: Big Mountain Ciderworks, Mercantile Steak, Hops Downtown Grill, Bonelli’s Bistro, Waters Edge Winery & Bistro, The House of S&M – The Kitchen and Freestone Restaurant.
If you’re ready to start planning your fall event in Kalispell, Montana, email [email protected] or call us at 406-758-2811.