With Kalispell’s location in a fertile valley that’s home to farms, ranches and orchards, it’s likely no surprise that our culinary scene is thriving. In our mountain town, you can find a variety of dining options that range from creative steakhouses to a cidery with on-site orchards and mouth-watering BBQ to elevated bistros.
And if you’re ready for more mouth-watering experiences, here are 5 of our must-try dishes in Kalispell…
1. Pizza at Moose’s Saloon. Ask any local and they’ll tell you that the top place on their dining list is Moose’s Saloon. A staple in Kalispell since 1957, Moose’s is known for great pizza in a rustic vibe, complete with swinging saloon doors. Be sure to take a look at the initials carved into the booths throughout the saloon (feel free to add your own initials, too!). Must-try dish: the combo pizza.
2. BBQ at DeSoto Grill. Housed in an old blacksmith shop, DeSoto is everything you hope it would be – lively, welcoming and filled with amazing food. Their menu offers a variety of options, from platters to salads and sandwiches. Must-try menu item: pork belly PB&J bites.
3. Fresh Italian at Bonelli’s Bistro. Located downtown, Bonelli’s is a popular spot, especially for lunch. Made with fresh ingredients, they serve up a variety of items in a light and cheery space. Must-try dish: Bonelli’s homemade lasagna or Tuscan turkey club panini.
4. Steak at The Merc. Housed in the historic KM Building, Mercantile Steak has brought an elevated but comfortable dining experience back to the heart of downtown. Serving dinner in a beautiful space, Mercantile Steak has quickly become a popular location for locals and visitors alike since it opened in 2021. Must-try item: bone-in bison ribeye.
5. Shake it up at Norm’s Soda Fountain. Norm’s has been a part of Kalispell’s downtown since 1938 and is always a great place to stop in and enjoy a soda, milkshake, ice cream or burger. It serves up classic nostalgia in the best way possible, and is a family-friendly destination. Must-try menu item: huckleberry milkshake.
Ready to dig into more of Kalispell’s culinary offerings? Start here.