When it comes to planning a family vacation, we know you have lots of options to choose from. And with so many interests and ages on family trips, it can be hard to keep everyone happy and entertained. When you choose Kalispell, Montana as your vacation destination, we want to make sure you have the best time possible.
To help make your next family vacation enjoyable and full of memory-making opportunities, here are 6 ideas for your kid-friendly stay in Kalispell.
1. Enjoy a Blast from the Past at Norm’s Soda Fountain. Located in the heart of downtown Kalispell, Norm’s Soda Fountain is a place where both kids and adults will instantly feel at home. Introduce the whole family to huckleberry shakes and tasty diner-style burgers inside this old-fashioned soda fountain. While you’re here, be sure to give the kids time to peruse 800+ types of candy.
2. Cruise Lake McDonald. By now, you’ve probably heard that you need a vehicle reservation for many parts of Glacier National Park. (If this is news to you, find everything you need to know – from dates to times – here.) But, if you don’t have one, one of the best ways to experience the park without a reservation is to book a guided activity in the park. A boat cruise on Lake McDonald is the perfect way to enjoy the park while being out in nature without being in the car for very long. Plan to go in early (or stay late) and skip rocks from the shore, cruise the Going-to-the-Sun Road and learn about the history and geology of the park. Be sure to book your boat cruise tickets in advance.
3. Take Yourself (and Your Kids) Out to the Ballgame. There aren’t many more picturesque places to take in a baseball game than Montana’s Flathead Valley. Kalispell is home to the Glacier Range Riders and you can catch a game from late May through early September. See the schedule and snag tickets here.
4. Lone Pine State Park. Besides the sweeping views of the Flathead Valley, one of the best things about Lone Pine State Park is its 7+ miles of hiking trails. This means that you can hike as little or as long as you’d like, which is perfect for when you have a variety of ages of kids in tow. The visitor center is a great place to start your visit, with interactive displays and more. They also offer children’s activities throughout the year.
5. Play at Woodland Water Park. The only outdoor waterpark in Kalispell, Woodland Water Park is the perfect place to take the kids on a hot summer day. They open for the season on June 14, 2023 and will welcome visitors to a variety of attractions, including an activity pool, two waterslides, a lazy river and a six-lane lap pool.
6. Catch Live Music at Picnic in the Park. Located in the heart of downtown Kalispell, Picnic in the Park brings two free concerts a week to Depot Park. Time your activities to catch sweet tunes on Tuesday nights and Wednesdays during lunch. Concerts will run from June -August.