- The event must produce room nights at Kalispell hotels, with marketing targeted to attract visitors from outside a 100 mile radius of the city of Kalispell.
- Event organizers must exclusively promote all Kalispell hotels and motels in any event promotions. A direct link to the lodging directory and/or event lodging packages on discoverkalispell.com must be included on the event website and in travel-planning messaging to participants, vendors, staff and spectators.
- The Discover Kalispell logo and website must be included in promotional materials.
- Discover Kalispell must have the opportunity to display banners or other branding materials at the event.
- Discover Kalispell must be listed as a key sponsor in all materials.
Application Process and Selection Criteria
- It’s recommended to submit Grant Application a minimum of 6 months prior to actual event. Application must be complete and accurate.
- The grant applicant or representative will attend a regularly scheduled monthly meeting of the Board of Directors to present information on the application and be available for any questions.
- The application will be evaluated and scored by the Board of Directors. (See Below: Event Grant Application Scoring System)
- Fully completed applications are usually reviewed by the Board of Directors within a two month period depending on time of submission and the Board of Directors meeting schedule.
- Notice of award will be provided by Discover Kalispell following a vote by the Board of Directors.
Event Grant Application Scoring System
|Anticipated Number of Room Nights Event Will Generate||20|
|Shoulder / Winter Season||15|
|New or Growing Event||15|
|Sustainable in Future Years||10|
|Lead-Time to Promote Event / Lodging||10|
|Marketing Opportunities for Discover Kalispell||5|
|Appeal to Kalispell Tourism||5|
|Economic Impact on Kalispell||5|
GRANTS UNDER $1,000
- A written post-event report. The report form will be be provided by Discover Kalispell.
GRANTS OF $1,000 OR MORE
- A post-event presentation to the Discover Kalispell Board of Directors at a regularly scheduled meeting.
- A written post-event report. Form will be provided by Discover Kalispell.
Disbursement of grant funds
DISBURSEMENT OF GRANT FUNDS
75% of the grant funds will be disbursed within 15 days after receipt of an invoice submitted by event organizer. The remaining 25% will be disbursed on completion of the written post event report (as provided by Discover Kalispell). Report must be received no later than 30 days after the event.
GRANTS OF $1,000 OR MORE:
no funds will be disbursed until pre-event requirements are met. 50% of the funds will be retained until completion of the written post-event report and the presentation to the board.