Visitor Development Grant Information
Requirements for Visitor Development Grants
- Project must enhance the Kalispell visitor experience.
- Grants will be awarded on a 50:50 matching basis.
- Project must be located in Kalispell.
- Eligible applicants: for-profit businesses, non-profit organizations, government agencies or individuals.
- Discover Kalispell must be listed as a key sponsor in collateral materials and media.
Grant funds are available to local businesses, organizations and individuals who have a vision for a project to add to Kalispell’s visitor amenities including cultural, way-finding, historical, or outdoor features. Examples include murals or other public art, visitor kiosks, interpretive signage, bike service stations, apps showcasing our trail system, art installations or other amenities.
Application Process and Selection Criteria
- The grant applicant or representative will attend a regularly scheduled monthly meeting of the Board of Directors to present information on the application and be available for any questions.
- The application will be evaluated and scored by the Board of Directors. (See Below: Visitor Development Grant Scoring System)
- Fully completed applications are usually reviewed by the Board of Directors within a two month period depending on time of submission and the Board of Directors meeting schedule.
- Notice of award will be provided by Discover Kalispell following a vote by the Board of Directors.
VISITOR DEVELOPMENT GRANT SCORING SYSTEM
|Project Plan and Viability||20|
|Alignment of Project with Discover Kalispell Brand||15|
|Appeal to Kalispell Tourism Market||15|
|Enhancement of Kalispell's Visitor Amenities||10|
|Other Partners / Sponsorships||10|
Grants under $1,000
- A written follow-up report including photos, demonstration, or other documentation after the project has been completed. The report form will be be provided by Discover Kalispell.
Grants of $1,000 or more
- Discover Kalispell must be recognized as a sponsor in project collateral and media.
- A post-project presentation to the Discover Kalispell Board of Directors at a regularly scheduled meeting.
- A written follow-up report including photos, demonstration, or other documentation after the project has been completed. Report form will be provided by Discover Kalispell.
Disbursement of Grant Funds and Post-Project Requirements
For grants under $1,000, 25% of funds will be retained until the project has been completed and the post-project written report has been received from applicant.
For grants of $1,000 or more, no funds will be disbursed until applicant shows that Discover Kalispell is recognized as a sponsor in project collateral and/or media. 50% of the funds will be retained until the post-project presentation and report are completed.