Welcome Back POMA!
Welcome 2022 POMA Conference – Kalispell, Montana
JUNE 14-16, 2022
Discover Kalispell is so excited to welcome back the 2022 POMA Conference, June 14-16. It is a pleasure to host your conference once, but to host it twice is truly an honor. For those of you that were here is 2016, you will notice a few significant changes:
- Red Lion is back as your 2022 host hotel. Please call the Red Lion (406) 751 - 5050 and ask for the POMA rate or book online with the rate code is PROF0609. The hotel delivers the same great service, friendliness, and comfortable accommodations.
- Glacier Park International Airport - More airline service flying non-stop from 17 major hubs.
- Parkline Trail - a walking, biking trail that goes through the downtown corridor.
- Eat and Drink Like a Local - Additional breweries, bars, wineries and local eateries have found their home downtown, all within walking distance from the Red Lion.
- New Local Shops from outdoor gear essentials to home goods.
Located in one of the lushest valleys in the state and surrounded by snow-kissed mountain peaks, Kalispell is a destination that’s bold, approachable and charming, making it the perfect setting for your 2022 POMA Conference. Minutes from Flathead Lake and Glacier National Park, Kalispell is an unfiltered mountain town that pairs big-city amenities with incredible outdoor recreation, jaw-dropping landscapes and plenty of room to breathe.
Host Hotel-Red Lion
Red Lion celebrates the beauty of the Flathead Valley Region. Their central location in the valley provides endless opportunities for exploration, including Glacier National Park and Flathead Lake. The timber beams and copper, granite and slate in earth-tone colors echo the warmth and rugged ambiance of Montana and the area’s natural surrounds. The Red Lion is downtown, walking distance of restaurants, shops, antique stores, breweries, and wineries.
Please call the Red Lion (406) 751 - 5050 and ask for the POMA rate to book your stay!
Watch the Welcome 2022 POMA Conference video for tips to make the most of your trip to Kalispell.
Getting to Kalispell
Kalispell is easier than ever to get to whether you are driving, flying or taking the train. Kalispell’s Glacier Park International Airport is only 10 minutes from downtown Kalispell. The airport is in the process of expanding, due to new flights with existing airline and new airlines coming to Kalispell. Amtrak’s Chicago to Seattle/Portland Empire Builder trans-American train makes stops in nearby Whitefish daily. If your mode of travel is by car we can get you to Kalispell from every direction.
Top 10 POMA Reasons for being in Kalispell
- Natural Unspoiled beauty! Glacier National Park and Flathead Lake are just minutes away.
- Montana is wild. There are many places that are untouched and off the grid.
- Regardless of what type of travel brings you to Kalispell, you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is.
- There is something for all ages – from water slides to fly fishing. Make it a family vacation.
- Genuine and authentic experiences. Just ask a local!
- Countless activities for groups and individuals.
- Let the talented local musicians entertain you.
- The POMA staff and board members have some very exciting events planned for you.
- Where inspiration and creativity meet!
- We want you here and so excited to welcome you back for some Montana hospitality.
Your host hotel, the Red Lion is centrally located in downtown Kalispell. You won’t be without anything to do during your free time. Exploring, shopping, restaurants, craft beverage hot spots are all must do’s while in Kalispell. If you are history buff, try a self-history tour.
In Flathead County, the biggest towns are Kalispell, Whitefish, Columbia Falls and Bigfork. This area is considered the Flathead Valley.
Book your Adventure in Advance
Don’t miss out on some of the area’s best attractions like rafting or the Glacier National Park Red Bus Tour: book early and be sure to check back often for updates!
Here are special offers for POMA attendees: 2022-poma-activity-discount
Planning to extend your stay?
While in Montana, stay a few extra days to soak up the scenery in and around Kalispell. There are many trips you can incorporate within a day. Here are some ideas for day trips.
CONVERSATION STARTERS IN KALISPELL
We're confident that when you arrive for the 2022 POMA Conference you'll find numerous story ideas or that perfect photograph or video that will interest and you and your readership. See a few ideas and resources to help get your story planning started.
- Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Region - Provides for the stewardship of the fish, wildlife, parks and recreational resources of Montana, while contributing to the quality of life for present and future generations.
- Glacier Institute - Personalized tours and educational courses in Glacier National Park.
- Montana Wounded Warriors - Provides veterans all-expense-paid hunting and fishing trips where chances of success are extremely high.
- Casting for Recovery - Healing outdoor retreats for women with breast cancer at no cost to the participants.
- Firearms Technologies - One-of-a-kind class offered through Flathead Valley Community College to understand the design to finishing techniques.
- Flathead Land Trust - Dedicated to protecting northwest Montana's spectacular land and water legacy through community-based conservation.