The purpose of Discover Kalispell, the Kalispell Convention & Visitor Bureau's Group Incentive is to award funds to help new and/or growing meetings/ group events that will strengthen Kalispell’s economy and create significant room nights at Kalispell hotels.
These funds are made available through the support of the Kalispell Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID). For every occupied room night, guests are assessed $2.00 that is returned to Kalispell to aid in tourism promotion and marketing.
There is no set number of incentives that may be awarded in any fiscal year. The total dollar amount of incentive funds is approved by the TBID Board of Directors for the current fiscal year. Funding may not exceed approved funds.
Process and Criteria
- It is recommended to submit the Group Incentive Application a minimum of 6 months prior to the meeting/event. Application must be complete and accurate and include a signed letter of agreement committing to meet group performance.
- The event/meeting must produce a minimum of 20 room nights at Kalispell hotels.
- Fully completed applications will be reviewed and the amount determined by Discover Kalispell staff within a two month period depending on the time of submission.
- Notice of the award will be given to the applicant from Discover Kalispell.
If Meeting/Group Event Incentive funds are awarded:
- Use of the Discover Kalispell logo and website must be used (where applicable) in event promotional material.
- Discover Kalispell has the opportunity to display banners or other branding materials (where applicable) at the meeting/group event.
- Incentive funds will be disbursed following the conclusion of the meeting/group event. The group organizer must submit an invoice.
- Complete a Post Event Report that requires Economic Impact Information following the meeting/event.
Contact Dawn Jackson with questions