Beyond The Meeting Room
Montana was made for meetings, with wide-open spaces, full-service hotels, easily accessible air lift and experiences that are only found right here in Kalispell. When planning your meeting, you want to include Montana-inspired touches in the form of culinary offerings, themes and guided activities. Here in northwest Montana, we have skilled guides and outfitters who can help take your meeting beyond the boardroom and add value to the overall Montana meeting experience by introducing your guests to a new skill, piece of knowledge or by sharing a local perspective.
Here are guided activities that can elevate your meeting:
- Horseback trail rides. Horses and Montana are synonymous and taking your group on a guided horseback ride is one of those must-do experience. Plus, riding helps with balance and coordination and is a great way to soak up Montana’s open spaces. Bar W Guest Ranch, Artemis Acres and Swan Mountain Outfitters are all ideal places for meeting attendees to take a horseback trail ride. Plus, most offer horse-drawn wagon rides, chuckwagon dinners and live music around the campfire, which is a nice way to end a day of learning.
- Tours in Glacier National Park. There are several authorized concessioners who offer guided tours inside the Crown of the Continent. Cruise glacial-carved lakes with Glacier Park Boat Co., take a guided hike or guided biking tour on the Going-to-the-Sun Road with Glacier Guides and Montana Raft, learn about the park from the perspective of the Blackfeet Tribe with Glacier Sun Tours or set out on an interpretive red bus tour with Glacier National Park Lodges.
- Cast a fishing line. With water in every direction, fly-fishing and lake fishing are popular pastimes in northwest Montana. Set up a fly-tying class or group casting lesson with True Water Fly Shop, followed by a half-day fishing trip. There are also a handful of companies that offer fishing charters on Flathead Lake where you can land a trophy lake trout or simply relax and take in the experience.
- Hit the water. Beyond fishing, groups can play on Montana’s waters with guided whitewater rafting, scenic floats or kayaking trips. No matter what level of adventure you and your attendees are looking for – whether it’s paddling through adrenaline-pumping rapids or casually floating down the river – the Kalispell area has several outfitters that can create custom trips for your group. Plus, the stories river guides tell often combine awe-inspiring tales with stomach-clutching laughter and are sure to leave attendees with vivid memories.
- Soak up the farm life. From cherry orchards to lavender fields, there are plenty of ways to incorporate Montana’s agricultural background into a meeting. Purple Mountain Lavender offers farm tours and has classes that would be fun for a group, including 10 ways to use lavender, tips for growing your own lavender and wreath-making. They can also do catered dinners for groups of up to 40 guests.
Additional guided activities include cocktail classes, archery lessons and rodeo demonstrations. For more ideas and inspiration, contact Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org.