5 Ways to Cozy Up This Winter
While we’ve been enjoying winter here in Kalispell, our mountains have been hit with solid snowfall and fresh powder, making it easy to get outside and adventure. No matter if you’re looking for a heart-pumping adventure or a quiet escape, here are five ways to soak up winter in our mountain town.
- Hot cocoa + a drive. Grab a hot cocoa from Montana Coffee Traders and drive the 32 scenic miles to Glacier National Park. Time it right and catch the evening alpenglow light up the Livingston Range or see the Northern Lights dance over Lake McDonald. Ready to explore beyond the park? Check out these day trips and itineraries.
- Book a hotel with a fireplace. After a day of exploring, come back to your hotel and warm up with a glass of wine or made-in-Montana huckleberry treat by an indoor fireplace. Take the festivities outside and roast marshmallows over an outdoor fire pit (book your stay here).
- Tour the Conrad. Step back in time with a visit to the historic and beautiful Conrad Mansion Museum. Self-guided and docent-led tours are available, plus winter is a chance to see the grounds of the museum covered in snow as you imagine what life was like in this Norman-style mansion.
- Shop downtown. Kalispell’s vibrant downtown is home to local stores, bakeries and coffee shops, which make a perfect combination for strolling through the heart of the valley. Whether you’re looking to window shop or pick up a memento to take home, you’ll find cowboy boots, hats, jewelry, art, clothing and everything in between. Be sure to check out local favorites, including Sage & Cedar, Honey Home & Design, The Toggery and The Montana Scene.
- Dine out (or order in). After a day spent snowmobiling, downhill skiing or snowshoeing, take après to the next level at one of Kalispell’s mouth-watering restaurants. Dig into a burger at Hops Downtown Grill, dine on Chef-select entrees and pub fare at First Avenue Taphouse, channel your inner Irishman at Brannigan’s Irish Pub or fill your tummy up with Montana BBQ at Desoto Grill.
Don’t wait. Come adventure in Kalispell’s winter wonderland.