5 Reasons to Meet in Kalispell this Winter
To provide inspiration for winter meetings, here are five reasons to meet in Kalispell during our coolest time of year:
1. It’s easy to get here. Glacier Park International Airport is located within the city of Kalispell and is minutes from downtown. Plus, our airport offers year-round direct flights from Seattle, Salt Lake City, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Las Vegas and Denver, while Amtrak’s Empire Builder drops passengers off 20 minutes from Kalispell.
2. Over 1,500 rooms at shoulder-season prices. Kalispell has a diverse array of lodging for meeting attendees, including flagship hotels to historic properties and everything in between. During the winter season, our lodging accommodations offer shoulder-season rates, with many having onsite meeting rooms and conference spaces.
3. An indoor and outdoor winter wonderland. In Kalispell, the real magic happens after the meetings end. Annual winter events—like skijoring, a brewfest and an art walk—are a perfect complement to a meeting, but Kalispell also has accessible recreation within easy reach of our lodging properties, including guided activities like snowshoe treks and winter kayaking, photography outings or cross-country skiing. And if you prefer to keep things inside, the Conrad Mansion Museum, Hockaday Museum of Art and Northwest Montana History Museum are prime for guided tours or an evening reception.
4. Beverage tours. Celebrate the end of your meeting day by introducing attendees to made-right-here beverages, from ciders and small-batch spirits to beer and wine. Within Kalispell’s city limits you’ll find 10 breweries, cideries, wineries and distilleries, with each serving up their own take on Montana flavors. Plus, the owners and makers are always happy to do special events or tastings for groups.
5. Glacier National Park. In case you missed it, Glacier National Park’s west entrance is a 45-minute drive from downtown Kalispell, making it an easy location for sightseeing, team bonding or simply seeing the Crown of the Continent. And while many don’t realize it, Glacier National Park is open year-round. Start your visit at the Apgar Visitor Center, followed by a guided snowshoe trek or taking in the view of Lake McDonald from Apgar Village. Find more inspiration for winter meetings in Kalispell here and here.
MEETINGS & GROUP TRAVEL E-NEWS SIGN UP
Quarterly e-newsletter about meeting and activity planning in Kalispell.